Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tamworth Piglets for Sale


We have registered Tamworth piglets for sale. Without much effort we have sold a few weiners so far this year. We have two litters on the ground, from March and May respectively. Given the other adds I've seen on Kijiji, there seems to be growing numbers of breeding stock available. Our interest was to try and raise more piglets to sell as whole and half sides of meat this year. As they quickly grow, I've decided I better sit down and figure out how to market the little critters. I plan to use this blog to update any available livestock with pictures. It seems a bit easier than updating web sites.
Prices for registered breeding stock are from $300-400 based on age. Unregistered piglets are $75 at 2 months of age when I typically wean the little guys, $100 at 3 months, and after that age I sell based on the live weight, for $1.25 per pound (assuming they are above 80 lbs).
Please contact me if interested in breeding stock or have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment